This flavor-packed cucumber salad recipe comes from the Midwest of the United States. No boring salads here! The combo of cucumber, onion, yogurt, and vinegar makes a for a zingy, yet refreshing appetizer or side dish.
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, plain yogurt
- 1/4 yellow or red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Splash apple cider or white vinegar
- Combine everything in a large bowl. With clean hands, massage the cucumbers into the dressing until well mixed and the seeds have disconnected from the slices of cucumbers. Give it a taste and add more seasonings or vinegar as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Midwest US
Keywords: cucumbers, quick pickled vegetables